Every year at the end of the summer in Master The Body Clinic, I see a HUGE influx of kids with flu-like symptoms, colds and digestive symptom problems.
After seeing this pattern for a couple of years, I decided to create a protocol to help children get through the season change without getting sick. For many of these kids these symptoms were common annually since their birth!
I and many other doctors have noticed anecdotally that in the fall for the colder regions and back to school time for the more temperate regions, are periods when these types of illnesses seem to increase. Child immunity seem to vacillate and kids are open to all types of immune stressors. Once we began the following protocol at the Master The body Clinic, results were outstanding!
Many kids halted symptoms they were having quickly and in some of the more severe cases symptoms would become remarkably better. I prefer to start children on this protocol before they have symptoms, many times using doses only a few days per week instead of every single day. There are several nutrients not included in this list such as vitamin C and selenium, etc., but this base list is the MOST important!
So here is the protocol, please kindly keep in mind that I cannot give more specific recommendations without actually knowing the health history of a particular individual.
Additionally, of course, you must always check with your Physician/Doctor before executing any changes to your health care including diet, exercise, supplements, etc.
KIDS IMMUNE BOOSTING PROTOCOL
- Lauricidin - Daily, accurate dosing depends on the age
- Childrens Chewable Probiotic - Take 2 tablets per day - anywhere from a few years old to adult age
- DigestEasy - Again, dosing depends on the age, we have general recommendations on the Master the Body store page
- Vitamin D Liquid - Depending on the age we would recommend anywhere from 2000iu per day and up.
- Liquid zinc - In microgram liquid form it tastes like water. The one we use has a potency 1.15mg /Tsp. General recommendations are 1 tsp once per day. In the case of testing that show excess zinc this is clearly contraindicated.
- Omega 3 - Again, depending on the age and whether or not the child can swallow capsules. Omega 3 are generally considered up to several hundred mg per day for kids. Also, you have many options of chewable, flavored forms, etc. so that swallowing the gelcap is a non-issue.
- Dulse (Sea Vegetable) available in our office, coming to www.masterthebody.com soon - I am always recommending parents to use sea vegetables like dulse, for an excellent dose of naturally occurring mineral balance and high rate of nutrient absorption. Dulse can be in pill, flake or leaf form and is remarkably easy to digest. It tastes fantastic sauteed (to me but everyone is different)!
Dr. Lorn Allison D.N.